comprehensive full series
Everyone’s pregnancy & childbirth is incredibly unique. How do you know how to prepare if you don’t know what to expect?
Taking a comprehensive childbirth class is an important way to prepare for your birth. Gaining knowledge of how the process works, and the variations that may come your way, will help you feel confident as your own story unfolds.
We understand that not everyone has time or attention for weeks of classes. That’s why we cut out the fluff and get right to what you need to know. Activities and visual aids make the information more memorable and the class time more enjoyable.
The How, When & Why structure brings each topic full circle. Whether we are discussing a stage of labor, an intervention, or a care option… Learn the process, when it would happen, and why it is necessary.
pregnancy & childbirth: the how, when & why
- Birth Plans & Birth Bags
- Birth Partner Communication Tool
- Pregnancy Complaints & Relief
- Nutrition and Weight Gain
- Common Prenatal Testing
- Anatomy of Birth
- Your Baby’s Job In Labor
- Fetal Position
- Contractions & Cervical Change
- The Three Stages of Labor
- Possible Interventions & Procedures
- Medical Pain Relief
- Informed Consent & Decision Making
- Non-Medical Pain Relief & Comfort Measures
- Positions for Labor and Birth
- You & Your Baby’s First Hour
- Newborn Procedures
- Postpartum Preparation & Care
- Postpartum Emotional Health Challenges
This 4 week childbirth class takes place in Doulas of Bellingham‘s private classroom located in down town Bellingham, WA.
upcoming group 4 week class series- $250.00 per couple